Film Review

 

I completed editing my final task over this past weekend. I still have almost 2 weeks until the task is due. So, I decided to show it to a group of students in my class for feedback. They all enjoyed it very much. However, they had critiques for it, too. Multiple students said that several clips were too long. As a result of this, my sequence was too long. For example, the establishing shot outside the house is too dragged out. It is 15 seconds, and they said it could easily be cut down to about 10 seconds. Another shot that can be shortened is the shot of Henry packing his bookbag. They said that, since it's part of a montage, it can be shortened to save time. This will be an easy fix since I can edit the clips. Additionally, one student said that the lighting for the first shot of Henry's room is a bit too dim. I  originally wanted to do this to give it an "early morning" feel. However, I can reshoot if I need to so I can get better lighting. Another suggestion the students had was to omit unnecessary clips. There are some shots and angles I had that were not needed. Cutting these out will definitely help save time. I am very happy for all of this feedback. I will go back and edit afterwards to fix my mistakes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Group Blog

Editing - The Finishing Touches

Title Research: Land of the Lost